If you think you may have fraud on your account, have you thought of the following:-
- Have you checked all receipts, including any purchases you may have made over the internet, by mail order or by telephone?
- You may have a receipt which has the same amount, date and time but shows a different name to that on your statement
- Have you ever given your card or card details to someone else to make a purchase, please check with them to establish if they have made the purchase?
- The charges could relate to an existing agreement that you have previously set up with a company for payments which are made either monthly, quarterly or annually
If you still suspect fraud
Please contact us on 0800 318665 to report any suspected fraud on your card. A member of our team will be happy to help you and walk you through the next steps.
What happens next?
- You will need to confirm to the Advisor which transactions you do not recognise
- Our Advisor will issue you with a new card
- You will be refunded for those transactions you do not recognise, plus any fees and charges incorrectly applied to your account
- A fraud claim form will be sent to you. You will need to complete it, add any transactions you do not recognise and return it to us in a stamped addressed envelope
- Your claim form will need to be returned to us within 14 days of the date on the letter otherwise the transactions will be re-debited to your account
- Let us know if you now recognise any of the transactions listed on the forms as your own, by putting a line through them
- Please make sure you destroy any existing cards you have for this account straight away
- If you use mybarclaycard online account servicing, you'll need to register again when your new card(s) arrive