What is a balance transfer?
We’re always looking at ways to help our customers save and that’s where our balance transfer offers come in. If you’re paying interest on other credit or store cards, you could save money by transferring your balances to your Barclaycard.
Simple steps to make your transferSTEP 1 Have your Barclaycard to hand and any other credit or store cards you’d like to transfer from
STEP 2 Log on or register at mybarclaycard and select ‘transfer a balance’ or call us on 0800 161 5296
We'll do the rest for you - it's that simple.
Register Log in
How balance transfers workTo help you, we've answered some common questions.
Don't forget, that you won’t be able to transfer a balance from another Barclaycard or from a store or credit card that’s from within the Barclays Group.
- Select the option to ‘Transfer a balance’
- Tell us how much you’d like to transfer and which card you’d like to transfer from
- Let us know you’ve read the terms and conditions.
- Firstly, your cash withdrawals are repaid
- Next, we pay off your standard purchases
- Finally, the payment goes towards your promotional balance until it's fully paid off. If you have more than one promotional balance we pay off the one with higher interest rate first. If your promotional balances have the same interest rate, we’ll reduce the balance with the earliest expiry date first.
If you don’t make your minimum monthly payment by the agreed upon due date, or if you ever exceed your credit limit, you’ll lose your promotional rate and incur the standard purchase rate.
Ready to transfer a balance?
It’s quick and easy to transfer a balance online, just register or log onto
online servicing and follow the simple steps. Or give us a call on 0800 161 5296 and we’ll be able to set it up for you.
Register Log in
Make sure you’ve read our balance transfer terms and conditions before you apply.