Payment Protection Insurance (PPI)
How to make a claim
If you’d like to make a claim about a Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policy you bought from Barclaycard, then we want to make the process simple, fast and fair. The following information tells you how to register your claim, how long the process will take and provides answers to some common questions about PPI. For other Barclays product PPI claims, please visit Barclays .
What happens next?
- We’ll acknowledge your claim within 5 working days of it reaching us and give you a case reference number
- We’ll then conduct a review of how PPI was sold to you using all the information available to us. We might need to contact you if we have a question about the information you’ve given us or we need more information from you to complete our review
- We’ll contact you within eight weeks with our decision or a reason why a decision has been delayed
- If you’re due a refund it’ll be sent within 28 days of our decision
- If you’re not satisfied with our decision you then have the right to refer your claim to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for an independent review. You must refer to them within 6 months from the date of your decision letter. We will enclose a leaflet with your final decision letter which provides more information on this