With Barclaycard Multicurrency, you'll get access to foreign exchange rates in your chosen settlement currency (GBP, EUR or USD). Scroll down and use the drop-downs to see 1-day and 7-day mid-rates.
Working out your settlement amount
Here’s an example where we’ve calculated the settlement amount for a payment processed in EUR and settled back in GBP on 1 June 2021. You can use these steps to work out both 1-day and 7-day settlement amounts. Your settlement amount will change as the mid-rates listed on the rate cards are updated.
- Transaction value: check the original transaction amount = €150
- Mid-rate: find the mid-rate on the date the payment was processed = 1.1618
- Fixed rate: divide 1 by the mid-rate (e.g. 1 divided by 1.1618) = 0.860733
- Loading rate: deduct your loading from the fixed rate (e.g. 0.860733 minus 1%) = 0.008607
- Customer rate: deduct the loading rate (0.008607) from the original fixed rate (0.860733) = 0.85212
- Settlement amount: multiply the transaction value (150) by your customer rate (0.852126) = £127.82
That’s it – the amount you’re left with is how much you’ll get back.
Rate card means either the 1-day or 7-day exchange rates (i.e. the mid-rates) listed on this page. You should use the 1-day rate cards for your chosen settlement currency unless we’ve agreed that you will be on a 7-day rate card.
Fixed rate means the inverse of the mid-rate showing on the rate card.
Loading means the relevant charge (i.e. loading percentage) set out in your agreement as applicable to the currency conversion.