This document sets out the rules for this competition. Make sure you read them carefully and understand them all before you enter the draw.
Barclaycard Payment Solutions (“Barclaycard”) is running a promotion giving you a chance to win a showcase opportunity in the Barclaycard Terrace for Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park on 13th July, 14th & 15th July at Hyde Park (the Competition). By entering, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. “Barclaycard”, “we”, “us” and “ours” means Barclays Bank PLC. “The Promoter” means Barclaycard.
Who may enter?
2. The Competition is open to Barclaycard Business customers who have received the competition details, are UK based (excluding Northern Ireland) and aged 18 or over.
3. Please note a similar competition is also being run by the Barclaycard Commercial Payments team for the chance to showcase your business on a different weekend during Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park 2018. If you have the opportunity to enter both competitions, you can but please note that you can only win one and not both. The following business types cannot enter due to conflict with existing partners at the event: alcohol including but not limited to beer and cider (including craft), champagne, wine, (all varieties) spirts (including spirit mixes); mobile phones; technology; ice cream; water and soft drinks including coffee; music streaming services; ticketing; hotels; and cosmetics.
4. You are not eligible for the Competition if you are employed by Barclaycard or you are materially connected to the administration of the Competition, including being a member of the judging panel.
How to enter
5. You can enter the Competition from 12:01am 1 May until 11.59 pm 23 May 2018. Entries made after this time will not be valid, even if they appear to be registered.
6. To enter into the competition, you must send your answer to the question 'How would your business boost a festival fan’s experience?' to VIPshowcase@barclaycard.co.uk. Entries can be in any format. The most creative entry that best showcases how the entrant will enhance the festival experience for our guests, as judged by the judging panel, will win. Please include a contact telephone number in your email submission.
7. Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. Lost, delayed, undelivered, incomplete or multiple entries will not be entered into the Competition.
9. Entries with obscenities, of a defamatory nature, include any personal details (e.g. address or bank details), or infringe any third party rights will be excluded from the Competition.
10. The Competition winner will win (together the “Prize”):
10.1 the opportunity to showcase their company’s products in the Barclaycard Terrace at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park over the weekend of 13th July, 14th & 15th 2018
10.2 two hospitality tickets for each day for the 13th July, 14th & 15th July when the showcase is taking place. These tickets are for the winners to invite guests and are not to be re-sold
10.3 an in situ photographic and video shoot of your product / service in the Barclaycard Terrace. There may be restrictions to how the content can be used, including that any use by the Competition winner will be subject to Barclaycard approval.
10.4 if there is the possibility to offer Barclaycard guests a sample of the winners product, Barclaycard will pay for samples at cost and arrange delivery to the venue up to a value of £3,000.
11. The Prize has no cash equivalent, and no alternatives will be offered. The Prize and participation in the Competition cannot be exchanged or transferred, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions, including the event terms and conditions (https://www.bst-hydepark.com/terms-of-use). However, in the event that the Prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
12. The Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out and no additional costs are included. The Competition winner is responsible for their own expenses incurred in connection with the Prize, including travel and accommodation expenses.
Selecting the Winners
13. The Prize will be awarded to the entrant whose entry is considered the most creative and best describes how the entrant will enhance the festival experience for our guests by the panel of judges.
14. Judging will take place by 25th May 2018 and will be supervised by an independent panel of judges.
15. The Promoter will notify the winners by email and phone on 31st May 2018. The Promoter can select another winner if:
a. the entrant cannot be reached by telephone within forty eight (48) hours of us notifying the entrant that they have won; or
b. the Promoter reasonably believes that the entrant has broken one of these rules.
16. The Prize will take place on 13th July, 14th & 15th July 2018. The Promoter will arrange how the opportunity will be executed with the winner and the Promoter has final approval over the execution of the opportunity. The Promoter will guide the winners through the planning and operational side of the Prize in particular with respect to the rules and regulations specific to the event space.
17. The promoter retains the copyright on all entries.
18. The Promoter’s selection of the winner is final. The name and county of the winner will be made available to anyone sending a stamped, addressed envelope to Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park Competition Winners, Barclaycard Business Marketing, Level 13, 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP; within twenty eight (28) days of the published closing date. No other correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to publish names, photographs and county of the winner or to publicise the Prize-giving presentation after the date of the draw.
20. The Promoter will only collect, store and use your personal information, such as name, age, telephone number and email address for the purposes of entering you into and administering the Competition as set out in these rules, and not for any other purpose without your consent. This will not affect any existing marketing preferences that you have registered with Barclaycard.
21. By entering the Competition, you consent that your personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to administer the Competition. We will never pass your information to any third party for them to use in their own direct marketing, without your consent.
22. Your personal information will be held on record for a short period of time as necessary to administer the Competition and then securely destroyed.
23. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the operator of the event will be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered in connection with the Competition (including any damage to your or any other person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading or accessing any materials), or any delays or failure (in whole or in part) to perform any of its obligations if such delay or failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control.
24. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter may choose to withdraw or amend the Competition at any time and without notice.
25. By submitting an entry, you warrant that all information submitted as part of the entry is true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries.
26. These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of this Competition.
27. The Promoter is Barclaycard, 1234 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7SG.