Help with your card reader
Make sure your card reader’s ready
As more businesses begin to reopen across the UK, we want to help ensure you’re ready to resume trading with Barclaycard.
- Check your phone/internet connection is live
- Check all cables are plugged in securely
- Charge your device for at least 60 minutes
- Press the punctuation key and clear key at the same time until your device re-starts
- Run a test transaction to ensure you pick up any updates, including the £45 contactless limit.
You can also try our card reader trouble shooter.
Need more help?
If you can’t find the answers online, you can contact us and we’d be happy to help. Please bear in mind that responses may take longer than usual as our telephone lines are very busy right now.