What do I do if I notice an unrecognised transaction on my statement?
If there is something on your statement you don’t recognise, there are a few things you can do to try and help you identify the transaction:
- Try using a search engine to see if any more information, such as contact details are available. Some retailers or businesses may appear on your statement under a different name to the one you know them as. For example, you may know hxpayments.com as Holiday Extras
- The merchant location may be different to where the payment was made. For example, Booking.com Amsterdam is their head office, not your hotel location
- Certain retailers charge an ongoing subscription fee following a free trial period. For example Amazon Prime, WLY*COMPLETESAVE.CO.UK
- Have you made a similar payment to a company with a different name which hasn’t been shown on your account?
- Have you used another company to make a purchase? For example Amazon, eBay, PayPal
- Try searching your emails using the merchant name or amount
- Is anyone else in the company authorised to use this card who may have made the transaction? If so, please ask them to check their emails or online account with the company in question If you are still unable to identify the transaction, please either call our Disputes Team on 0800 008 008* or email GCPDisputes@barclaycard.co.uk**
* We're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
** Please include your surname and the last 12 digits of your card number in the email subject line. For security, please do not use the full 16 digit card number.