On your marks, headphones on, go!
Modern life is plagued by stress, endless meetings and a dizzying spiral of busyness. But the volume of books, blogs and podcasts about business and self-help suggests it doesn’t have to be this way. Because we know you’re busy, we’ve picked out some of the best productivity podcasts we could find.
So, if you can do two things at once, you can make time to listen to a podcast. Next time you commute to the office, or have travel time between meetings, get your headphones and plug into some practical productivity tips from fellow small business owners, and some who’ve already made it to the big time…
1. TED talks dailyWho’s it for? Everyone, honestly.
Everyone knows about TED talks, and that's because you'll almost always find one that's about something you're interested in. If there are just too many to choose from, here are three of our favourites on productivity:Tim Urban - Inside the mind of a master procrastinator
Yves Morieux - As work gets more complex 6 rules to simplify
Shawn Achor - The happy secret to better work
2. Business MattersWho’s it for? Entrepreneurs and anyone else who’s their own boss
You know all those things and thoughts that stop you from getting stuff done? This podcast could help banish those and get you on the path to ultimate productivity. If nothing else, it’s a great listen.
Find it here: http://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/video/business-matters-podcast-growing-business/
3. Beyond the to-do listWho’s it for? You, if you’re looking for a podcast that’s about productivity in every area of life
Habits, balance, focus, self-awareness, bravery. Productivity is the manifestation of the different facets of your mindset. Get help to fix one at a time with this podcast and watch your productivity increase.
Find it here: https://beyondthetodolist.com/category/podcast/
4. Happiness PodcastWho’s it for? People looking for specific ways to encourage happiness, or for sceptics (prepare to be swayed).
Dr Robert Puff and huff your way to happiness with this practical podcast. According to the author of 13 books and Psychology Today blogger, happiness doesn’t happen by accident. It’s the result of specific actions we have to take. So listen on, because if we can't reach productivity via happiness, we need to take a good hard look at ourselves.
Find it here: http://www.happinesspodcast.org/
5. The Productivityist PodcastWho’s it for? The practical listener.
Get your brain focused on what to do next and how to get stuff done with this practical podcast. Our tip - listen with a notepad and pen in hand.
Find it here: https://productivityist.simplecast.fm/
6. The Tim Ferriss ShowWho’s it for? Anyone who loves to be inspired by successful people
Pretty much always in the most downloaded podcasts list, this podcast is super-popular because Tim Ferriss is funny in the way he dissects highly successful people from the worlds of business, acting, sport, art etc. to see why they're world class.
Find it here: https://tim.blog/podcast/
7. The 5am miracleWho’s it for? Those looking to add a little more time to their day
In the words of the podcaster himself: "My goal is to help you bounce out of bed with enthusiasm, create powerful lifelong habits, and tackle your grandest goals with extraordinary energy." We're listening...
Find it here: https://www.jeffsanders.com/the-5-am-miracle-podcast/
8. Chris Ducker – YouPreneurWho’s it for? People looking to build, market and monetise a successful business
Get on board with “the business of you” – Chris Ducker is highly successful serial entrepreneur, so he knows what he’s talking about! Have a little listen…
Find it here: http://www.chrisducker.com/podcast/
9. Richard Nicholls - Motivate YourselfWho’s it for? You, if you need a little confidence zap.
It’s a regular podcast, so if you’re busy busy, have a listen to ‘Why it's ok to be a loser’, and if you like what you hear, move onto other self-confidence boosting episodes that'll kickstart your productivity.
Find it here: https://www.motivateyourself.co.uk/
10. The Secret Lives of LeadersWho’s it for? You, if you’re looking to be inspired by leaders in tech and creative industries
This isn’t all about profiling famous people whose achievements seem unattainable.
The Secret Lives of Leaders podcast is designed to inspire entrepreneurs at any stage by sharing the stories behind the people that built some of the most recognisable brands in Britain, or who have played a huge part in the UK’s business community. Series 1 is ready and waiting for you. And Series 2 is under way, featuring founders of some of the country’s best-loved brands across food, music and more.
Find it here: www.secretleaders.com
11. Bruce DaisleyWho’s it for? Well it’s all about work culture and how to be happy, so probably most people…
From ‘The Science of Being Happier at Work’ to ‘the secret of drive’ and plenty more in between, this regular podcast series is honest, engaging and very easy listening. Maybe it’s possible to drift gently into the right mindset for business growth after all…
Find it here: https://www.acast.com/eatsleepworkrepeat