Terms & Conditions of using Barclaycard with Apple Pay
Information about you - keeping us informed
It’s important that we can contact you if we need to – so if your account details or any other information about you changes, please tell us straight away.
Information we collect from Apple Pay
- We get information about you from Apple to verify your identity, check your eligibility, and to prevent fraud
- We will show you your recent Apple Pay transactions in case you want to check them. You can turn off this feature through Apple Pay if you don’t want it
- We are required to share anonymised information relating to your transactions with Apple to develop and improve its technology. This doesn't identify you – it is statistics about how customers have been using Apple Pay in general.
The terms and conditions for your account explain in detail how we collect, store and use information about you. You can always see an up-to-date version of the terms and conditions document on our website. www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/apple-pay-privacy-policy
Information others collect
- We ask you to protect your payments and other information
- Apple Pay allows you to make payments from your credit card, so you need to make sure you don’t allow anybody else access to your Apple Pay.
- Don’t let anyone else use Apple Pay on your device. If you share your Apple device with someone else or allow them to use Touch ID or your passcode, you will be responsible for any payments they may make from your device.
- Never give anyone else your passcode or other security details. If you suspect that someone else knows them, call us immediately using the number
0800 161 5308 from inside the UK or +44 (0)1604 230 230 from abroad.
If you don’t let us know, or you let someone else use Apple Pay on your device, we may not pay you back if someone takes money from your account.
- Always keep your Apple device secure and ensure the screen is locked when you're not using it.
- Delete all your information when you change or swap your Apple device.
- Don’t install or use a jail-broken device. This could have had its features changed in order to work, which makes it less secure, and means that fraudsters could access your device and steal your information or money.
If someone wants to know your security details
We won’t ever phone you or send you an email asking for your security details, and we’ll never ask anybody to do this for us. If anyone contacts you asking for your security details, they may be a fraudster. Tell us immediately by calling 0800 161 5308 inside the UK and +44 (0)1604 230 230 from abroad.
It also helps to read…
Please read the terms and conditions for the card you’re registering to use with Apple Pay. This is our main agreement with you for use of your card and sets out what you can expect from us when you open an account – and what we ask of you too, to help us keep your finances running smoothly.