Choose someone close who you would like to share the benefits of your Barclaycard with
Add a cardholder
You can’t always be there, so sharing your account with someone close to you gives you both peace of mind – whether it’s for emergencies or things like your weekly shop. They’ll get their own Barclaycard and PIN, but you’ll still be the main account holder. You can add up to four cardholders to your account, they just need to be a close family member over 18 living at the same address as you.
Your additional cardholder can use your account when you’re not about
They’ve always got a Barclaycard to hand
You can see what they spend as all transactions appear on one statement
It takes minutes to apply and there are no credit checks
You won’t pay a penny as it’s a perk included with your account
A few things you need to know
As the main cardholder, there are a few things you need to know before you add an additional cardholder to your account:
- You’ll still be responsible for everything that’s spent on your account and for making monthly payments on time
- Additional cardholders must be over 18, a close family member and live at your current address.
- Your credit limit will be shared with your additional cardholder – you can set up free alerts to keep tabs on things like your weekly balance
- For security reasons, we can’t talk to an additional cardholder about your account, unless you let us know you’re happy for us to speak to them
- You can also add additional cardholders using the Barclaycard app. After logging into the app, select 'Cards', then 'Manage cardholders' and follow the instructions
- Additional cardholders will sometimes need to confirm their online purchases using a text message or PINsentry card reader. Make sure we have their correct UK mobile number by logging into Barclaycard online servicing or by calling 0800 151 0900
If you're ready to apply, you can log in or register for Barclaycard online servicing, or use the Barclaycard app.
Please note - under some circumstances, we may decline a request for an additional card.
If they are over 18 and live at your address, fill out an application in just a couple of minutes
We'll review your application and get back to you within three days
Your additional cardholder should get their card and a separate PIN within two weeks
The way you pay online is changing
With the new way banks are helping protect you from fraud, you’ll sometimes need to confirm it’s you when you pay for things online. If someone else has an additional card on your account, they’ll need to confirm their online purchases using a text message or PINsentry card reader. Make sure we have their correct UK mobile number by calling 0800 151 0900.