Barclaycard FIFA World Cup™ Prize Draw Terms & Conditions | Barclaycard
Barclaycard FIFA World CupTM Prize Draw
Barclaycard is running a promotion (the “Prize Draw”), between 1st October 2022 and 31st October 2022 (the “Promotional Period”) that gives you a chance to win a FIFA World CupTM Entertainment and Merchandise Pack, with runners up winning a FIFA World CupTM Merchandise Pack. There will be a total of 15 winners and a total of 150 runner ups.
By entering, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- The “Promoter”,” Barclays”, “Barclaycard”, “we”, “us” and “ours” means Barclays Bank UK PLC.
- “Barclays Employee” for the purposes of this Prize Draw means a full time or part time employee on a permanent or fixed term contract, or anyone undertaking an internship, sub-contracting role, or work placement with one of the following entities or their direct suppliers at the time of the draw:
- a) Clydesdale Financial Services Limited
- b) Barclays Bank UK PLC
- c) Barclays Bank PLC
- d) Barclays Execution Services Limited
Who may enter?
- 3. The Prize Draw is open to United Kingdom residents, aged 18 or over at the time of entry only, who meet the criteria set out in Clause 7 of these terms and conditions.
- 4. You are not eligible for the Prize Draw if you are an Employee of Barclays who is directly connected to the administration of the Prize Draw.
- 5. Entry into the Prize Draw is free.
- 6. You can enter the Prize Draw from 00:01 GMT on 1st October 2022 until 23:59 GMT on 31st October 2022 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries made after this time will not be valid.
- 7. To be entered into the Prize Draw you must:-
- - Be the account holder of a personal Barclaycard VISA Credit Card at the point of the draw
- - Have made at least one purchase transaction on your personal Barclaycard VISA Credit Card during the Promotional Period. Purchase transactions do not include transactions which make up your cash balance (for example, buying currency - see your Barclaycard terms and conditions)
- - Have the account in good standing (for example, you are within your credit limit and make your minimum payments on time)
- - Have up to date contact details on your account to confirm delivery address
- - Have not have asked us to stop sending all marketing messages to you, whether by post, email, telephone, text message or through online banking or the Barclays app
- - Be UK resident
- Note – if you meet the above conditions, you will be automatically entered for the prize draw
- 8. There will be one entry per account multiple entries will not be counted.
- 9. There will be 15 winners and 150 runner ups. The following are collectively defined as the “Prize”. The winners will receive
- A FIFA World CupTM Entertainment pack containing:
- - One 4k Ultra High Definition 55-inch TV
- - One sound bar
- - One set of noise cancelling headphones
- - One £300 Food Takeaway Voucher
- - One latest edition games console
- - One EA Sports FIFA 23 Ultimate Edition game for games console
- - One Touchscreen Tablet Computer
- - The FIFA World CupTM Merchandise pack (set out below)
- Each runner up will receive:
- A FIFA World CupTM Merchandise pack containing:
- - One £100 sports shop gift voucher
- - One football (full size)
- - One sports duffle bag
- - One 6 panel baseball cap
- - One £50 Food Takeaway Voucher
- - One A3 FIFA World CupTM Wall Chart
- - One string of bunting (24 flags, 12 designs).
- 10. The Prize has no cash equivalent and no alternatives to the Prize will be offered. The Prize and participation in the Prize Draw cannot be exchanged or transferred, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions. However, in the event that the Prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer an alternative Prize of equal or greater value.
- 11. The Prize will be delivered within 7 working days from the date that the Winner responds to the notification from us providing the required delivery details.
- 12. Barclays is not liable for delayed or non-delivery of the Prize for any reason beyond its control, including but not limited to loss or theft in transit or any failure by you to accept delivery of and or collect your Prize for any reason.
- 13. The Promotor shall not be liable or responsible in case a winner or runner up should fail to use the Prize, for any reason whatsoever.
Selecting the Winner and runner ups
- 14. The winners and the runner ups will be drawn at random by a verifiably random computer process, at 10:00 GMT on 4 November 2022 (the “Draw Date”) from all eligible entries.
- 15. Barclays will notify the winners and the runner ups via email by 17:00 GMT on 4th November for the winners and by 17:00 on 9th November for the runner up(s). The delay due to the potential for a runner up to promoted to a winner should a winner be replaced as detailed in clause 16.
- 16. The Promoter can replace any entrant selected as the winner or runner up if:
- (a) The entrant does not respond to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours after it has been sent by providing any additional details required for provision of the prize and/or;
- (b) We reasonably believe that the entrant has broken one of these rules.
- Should any winner be replaced, the first drawn runner up will be promoted to winner and an additional runner up will be drawn at random following the same process.
- 17. With the exception of any winner or runner up who has requested a suppression of their personal information being processed under applicable data protection laws, the name and county of the winners and runner ups will be made available to anyone sending an email entitled Barclaycard World Cup Prize Draw 2022 prize draw winner disclosure’ to the following email address email@example.com within twenty-eight (28) days of the published closing date.
- 18. Winners and runner ups of this promotion can request for a suppression of any disclosure of their personal information subject to any requirements to share promotion prize winner’s information with relevant regulators or to fulfil a legal requirement. All winners and runner ups will be offered this right at the point of the winning notification detailed in Clause 15.
- 19. The Promoter’s selection of the winners and runner ups is final. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- 20. Barclays will only collect, store and use your personal information, such as name, age and basic contact details including email address, for the purposes of entering you into, administering, and promoting the Prize Draw as set out in these rules, and not for any other purpose without your consent. This will not affect any existing marketing preferences that you have registered with Barclays.
- 21. By entering the Prize Draw, your personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to administer the Prize Draw. Barclays will ensure that any third parties processing or storing your personal information for the Prize Draw, shall comply with the same data protection requirements as Barclays and this personal data will only be processed for the purposes of administering this Prize Draw. The winners and the runner ups of the Prize Draw consents that their personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to publicise the Prize Draw. If required, the winner(s) and runner up(s) of the Prize Draw consent to their personal address being transferred to a courier company/postal service for the purpose of delivering the Prize. We will never pass your information to any third party for them to use in their own direct marketing, without your consent.
- 22. Personal information for all entrants will be held on record for as short a period of time as necessary to administer the Promotion and then securely destroyed. Personal information of the winners and runner ups will be held on file for a period of up to one year to satisfy regulatory reporting requirements on prize giving activities in different jurisdictions.
- 24. To the extent permitted by law, Barclays will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered in connection with the Prize Draw (including any damage to your or any other person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading or accessing any materials), or any delays or failure (in whole or in part) to perform any of its obligations if such delay or failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control.
- 25. The Prize Draw is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with FIFA World CupTM, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You agree to release FIFA World CupTM, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from any liability associated with the Prize Draws.
- 26. This Prize Draw is not affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the third parties referenced in these terms and associated marketing, products or retailers featured in the prizes. Trademarks, logos and names of the third parties, products and retailers are the property of their respective owners.
- 27. To the extent that the Prize is viewed by HM Revenue & Customs as a taxable benefit-in-kind, Barclays will pay the full UK tax and social security liability arising on the associated benefit-in-kind on behalf of the winners and runner ups. This will not affect the winning participants’ personal tax positions.
- 28. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter may choose to withdraw or amend the Prize Draw at any time.
- 29. These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of this Prize Draw.
- 30. The Promoter is Barclays Bank UK PLC, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HP.