1. You can transfer money from your Barclaycard to a UK current account which is in your name and for which you hold a related debit card. You cannot transfer money to a non-UK current account, savings account, or to an account that is not in your name.
2. The minimum balance you can transfer is £100. The maximum balance depends on your credit limit and existing balances. The money transfer plus any balances already on your account cannot be more than 90% of your credit limit. This is to allow some room for fees, interest and future transactions.
3. You must ask for the transfer before the offer ends. For new accounts this is 60 days from the date you open the account.
4. There is a one-off fee to pay for each transfer. The fee will depend on your offer and the amount you transfer.
5. Your offer will depend on your ‘credit status’, which can be affected by how you manage your account with us or other lenders.
6. If you ask us to transfer money from your Barclaycard to another account within business hours (on a weekday before 7pm, not including bank holidays), the payment will reach your other lender on the next working day.
7. If you ask us to transfer money outside business hours, we’ll process your request on the next working day and the payment will reach your other lender on the next working day after that.
8. Occasionally, when processing your request, we may have to carry out extra checks to confirm that you made the request. This may cause a delay but we will process your request as quickly as we can.
9. Once we have processed your money transfer, the transfer amount and the one-off fee will appear as a promotional balance on your Barclaycard account and we will charge interest at your promotional rate.
10. If the account details you have provided are incorrect, the payment may not reach your bank account and it may not be possible to recover the money if it is paid into someone else’s account.
11. If you go over your credit limit, miss a payment or make an arrangement with us to pay less than your minimum payment each month, you will lose your promotional rate.
12. When your promotional term ends or if you lose your promotional rate, we’ll move any remaining balance to your standard balance and will charge interest on it at your standard rate. Remember, your simple standard interest rate moves up and down in line with the Bank of England Base Rate.
13. Until you pay your statement balance in full, we charge interest on purchases from the purchase date until we receive your payment. This means if you have a money transfer on your account and you only pay off the purchases you make that month, you will be charged interest on those purchases.
14. If you don’t pay your statement balance in full each month, we will use the amount you pay to reduce the balances with a higher interest rate before the balance you have transferred as this will have a promotional interest rate. If you have more than one promotional balance with the same interest rate, we will use your payment to reduce the balance with the promotional term that ends first.