Barclaycard up to 18 month purchase and balance transfer offer
Enjoy 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers
- 0% interest on purchases for up to 18 months from the date you open your account
- 0% interest for up to 18 months on balance transfers from the date you open your account (2.9% transfer fee applies). Transfers must be made within 60 days to benefit from the 0% offer
- Exclusive savings on live events with Barclaycard Entertainment
- Representative APR
- 20.9% APR (variable)
- Purchase rate
- 20.9% p.a. (variable)
- £1,200 credit limit
- Annual Fee
- No annual fee
The approval of your application depends on your financial circumstances and borrowing history, so do the terms you may be offered. The balance transfer period and interest rates may differ from those shown.
Why is it 'up to' 18 months
- At least 8 out of 10 customers accepted last month received the longest promotional period for this card. This depends on your credit history and how you’ve managed credit in the past. For the remaining customers we may offer you
- 0% for up to 18 months with 24.9% APR variable or 29.9% APR variable
- The balance transfer fee will remain the same and of course if you’re not happy with an alternative you don’t have to go ahead with it.
- And remember, the 18 month balance transfer period starts from the date the account is opened. That means if, for example, you don’t take it out for 60 days you’ll have 2 months less of the 0% rate.
How your interest offers work
Your balance transfer offer – 0% balance transfers can only be made within the first 60 days from account opening.
To keep your 0% rates – you'll need to stay within your credit limit and make at least your minimum payment on time each month. If you don’t, your 0% rates will go up to your standard rate instead.
When your 0% purchase offer ends – you'll be charged interest at your standard rate for:
- anything new you buy
- any outstanding purchase balance on your account
If you don’t pay off your whole balance each month, excluding any promotional balances then you'll be charged standard interest on new purchases from the day the transaction appears on your account. Don’t forget to make at least your minimum payments on time and stay within your credit limit.
When your 0% balance transfer offer ends – you'll be charged interest at your standard rate on any outstanding balance transfer.
Your standard and cash interest rates will move up and down in line with the Bank of England Base Rate. Base Rate changes will not apply to your promotional interest rates. To learn more visit barclaycard.co.uk/understanding-interest.
Managing your Barclaycard
Staying on top of your account – if you miss payments or go over your credit limit, you will incur additional costs through interest and fee charges; you could also lose any promotional interest rates. So please make sure you’ve read and understood the terms and conditions before you apply.
You could build your credit rating over time as long as you always make your payments on time and stay within your credit limit. However, if you don’t do those things, your credit rating could be harmed.