Terms and conditions for your rewards
Terms and conditions for Barclaycard Business rewards
These terms and conditions (the conditions) apply to your use of Barclaycard Business Rewards. Please read these conditions and save or print a copy for future reference.
In these conditions, the following words and phrases have the meanings shown next to them.
- We, us and our mean Barclays Bank PLC, trading as Barclaycard
- You and your mean the main account holder and any additional cardholders
- Your account means your Barclaycard Business credit or charge card account, to which your standard account terms and conditions continue to apply
- Barclaycard means any card issued on your account
- Merchant means a Merchant offering a discount or rebate to Barclaycard Business account holders on the purchase of a product or service as displayed on our Business Rewards web page
- Business Rewards offer means any offer displayed on our Business Rewards web page. You can access the Business Rewards web page via our Barclaycard Business home page www.barclaycard.co.uk/business to view the offers available
- Eligible purchase means a purchase you make from a Merchant benefiting from a Business Rewards offer
- Merchant conditions means the Merchant’s terms and conditions applicable to the purchase of their product or service and/or to a related Business Rewards offer
- MasterCard means MasterCard International Incorporated
The Business Rewards programme
The Barclaycard Business Rewards programme gives you the benefit of discounts and rebates on the purchase of a range of products or services offered by participating Merchants when you use your Barclaycard.
You are eligible to participate in the Business Rewards programme if you are a Barclaycard Business account holder in the United Kingdom. Additional eligibility criteria apply to automatic rebates as set out below, and may apply to individual Business Rewards offers detailed on our website.
Business Rewards offers
We display information about Business Rewards offers on our website. Each offer consists of:
- the name of the Merchant;
- the product or service offered by the Merchant;
- details of the offer and how to benefit from it, which will be one of the two ways shown below;
- the Merchant conditions applicable to the offer, including any qualifying and expiry dates.
If the offer consists of an automatic rebate on your purchase, you can benefit by following the process shown below:
- You access the Business Rewards web page, choose the offer you are interested in and read the Merchant conditions applicable to that offer
- You make a new purchase of the product or service using your Barclaycard. Please note that the rebate is not. deducted from the purchase price and will not appear on the Merchant’s sales receipt.
- Subject to the Merchant conditions, the rebate is processed by MasterCard and credited directly to your account.
The following terms apply to automatic rebates:
- Automatic rebates are only available on purchases made using a Barclaycard Business card on the MasterCard scheme. You will not be eligible for an automatic rebate if you make your purchase using a card on any other scheme.
- Where you are eligible for a rebate, the relevant amount will be credited to your account within 5 working days. If your statement cycle ends during that period, the rebate may not appear on the same statement as the purchase price of the product or service, in which case it will appear on the following statement. If you have registered for online banking, you will be able to review rebates credited to your account by visiting barclaycard.co.uk/business/getonline
- All (or, if applicable, an appropriate portion) of the rebate may be reversed in certain circumstances, for example where (a) you cancel your purchase or return the purchased item to the Merchant, or the Merchant otherwise refunds the purchase price in part or in full, (b) your card has been used fraudulently, or (c) it is determined that your purchase did not qualify for the rebate.
- If you do not wish to receive automatic rebates, you can opt out by calling our customer services on the number shown below. You may continue to receive automatic rebates for up to 30 days after telling us you wish to opt out, and reversals or adjustments of rebates may still be applied to your account after that.
- MasterCard’s role is limited to processing automatic rebates to your account. MasterCard is not otherwise responsible for Business Rewards offers or your ability to use them.
- MasterCard has obtained a private ruling from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs relating to the treatment of VAT on purchases benefiting from automatic rebates. As a result, no VAT adjustment can be made in relation to the amount of any automatic rebate you receive on an eligible purchase.
If the offer consists of a discount to the purchase price, you can benefit by following the process shown below:
- You access the Business Rewards web page, choose the offer you are interested in and read the Merchant conditions applicable to that offer. There may be a discount code for you to note.
- You contact the Merchant by the method, or one of the methods, outlined in the offer. If the offer is available online, there will be a link directing you to the Merchant’s website.
- You make a new purchase of the product or service using your Barclaycard. You will need to quote any discount code detailed in the offer when making your purchase.
- Subject to the Merchant conditions, the Merchant is responsible for applying the discount to the purchase price of the product or service. The purchase price, taking into account any discount applied by the Merchant, will be shown on your next monthly statement.
Business Rewards offers depend on the availability of a product or service and the Merchant’s ability to provide it. We do not guarantee that the Merchant will accept any order you place. If you have any questions about the availability of a product or service or your eligibility for a Business Rewards offer, please contact the Merchant using the contact details shown in the offer.
Neither we nor MasterCard sell any of the products and services offered by participating Merchants or provide any advice, confirmation or warranty as to their quality or suitability, or as to the completeness or accuracy of any information provided by the Merchant in relation to a product or service and/or a related Business Rewards offer.
If you make a purchase, you will enter into a separate contract with the Merchant to which the Merchant conditions will apply. Before you make a purchase, you must read the Merchant conditions and make sure that the product or service offered by the Merchant is suitable for you and that you are happy to accept the Merchant conditions. Please note that some Merchants may charge a fee for card transactions.
Any claim you may have in relation to the Merchant’s product or service will be against the Merchant in the first instance. You won’t be able to use a claim against the Merchant (or anybody else) to make a claim against us, or refuse to pay us. However, this won’t affect any rights you may have under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as set out in your standard account terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about your order, or the delivery of the product or service, in the first instance contact the Merchant who is responsible for providing the product or service you have bought.
If you want to cancel your purchase, please contact the Merchant. Please see the Merchant conditions and check your legal rights. Any refund provided by the Merchant will be re-credited to your account.
Changing or withdrawing Business Rewards
Discounts or rebates are offered by participating Merchants and may be subject to change or withdrawal by the Merchant and/or withdrawal from our website at any time and without notice, although we will always try to give you as much notice as the circumstances reasonably allow.
From time to time we may also need to make changes to these conditions or, if necessary, withdraw the Business Rewards programme in which case these conditions will no longer apply. If we decide to make changes or withdraw the programme, we will try to give you at least 60 days’ notice by posting a message on our website.
We may also end your participation in the Business Rewards programme, or any part of it, by giving you at least 30 days’ notice in writing.
Eligible purchases you make prior to occurrence of any of these events will not be affected.
Getting in touch
Please contact customer services if you have any questions about your account or in relation to the Business Rewards programme generally, or if your query relates to an automatic rebate - for example, if you believe you have made a purchase qualifying for a rebate but it is not credited to your account within 5 working days.
You can contact us:
- online at barclaycard.co.uk/business/getonline
- over the phone on 0800 008 008
- by post at RRD: Barclaycard Commercial, PO Box 4000, Wigston, LE18 9EN
If your query relates to a product or service offered by a Merchant, to the Merchant conditions or to the Merchant’s application of a discount, please contact the Merchant directly using the contact information shown in the offer.
Making a complaint
To complain about a Merchant’s product or service, please contact the Merchant for details of their complaints procedure.
To make a complaint about our service, please contact us using the details shown above. You can find details of our complaints procedure in your standard account terms and conditions or by visiting www.barclaycard.co.uk/business/complaints. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may be able to ask for a review from the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are an eligible complainant. You can find more information by visiting their website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
The law of England and Wales applies to these terms and conditions. Any matter or dispute arising out of these terms and conditions can be dealt with by an English or Welsh court unless your address is in:
- Scotland (where it will be dealt with by the courts of Scotland); or
- Northern Ireland (where it will be dealt with by the courts of Northern Ireland)
Our website is designed only for access from the United Kingdom. If you choose to access or use our site from abroad, it is your responsibility to keep to all local laws which apply.