Key features and benefits
There’s a lot to think about when running a business. So, to remove a potential worry and help protect your business and your cardholders, most of our business cards come with a range of useful insurance benefits as standard.
*Please note – if you opt out of insurance, you won’t be eligible for the insurance benefits and won’t be able to make a claim.
We’re making it safer for all our customers to shop online, whether you’re buying office supplies, making travel arrangements or simply paying your regular suppliers.
To make sure you’re protected, we monitor all online transactions, to help identify any suspicious activity. So in the unlikely event that an unauthorised transaction does take place, your business won’t be liable for the cost.
When you shop online, Barclaycard Secure gives you the same level of security as Chip and PIN. So make sure that you buy from participating retailers for extra peace of mind. They will ask for a secure password every time you use your Barclaycard business card online.
When you’re a Select or Premium Plus card customer, you know you’re protected when you make a purchase with your card. Any eligible goods over £50 are covered for accidental damage or theft – for the first 90 days which gives you plenty of time to organise extra cover after that.
Your business is covered for up to £10,000. Any single item is covered up to £2,500 (subject to a £50 excess) and you can claim up to £6,000 for a single incident – for each and every card.
If one of your cardholders uses their Select or Premium Plus cards inappropriately, and you can’t get reimbursed, you could be covered for:
- Up to £15,000 per cardholder
- Up to £1,000,000 each year for your business
The policy covers permanent and temporary staff, and you can claim for any fraudulent transactions that took place:
- Up to 75 days before you discovered the fraud
- 14 days after you notify us
All our Premium Plus credit and Premium Plus charge cardholders get enhanced travel insurance. Use your card to pay for the whole trip and your complimentary cover includes:
- Emergency medical expenses – up to £2 million worldwide
- Personal liability – up to £2 million
- Evacuation and repatriation expenses – up to £1 million
- Legal expenses – up to £25,000
- Cancellation – up to £6,000
- Missed departure – up to £1,000
- Travel delay – up to £300
- Personal belongings and Money – up to £3,000
- Business document replacement – up to £1,000
- Hospital benefit – £55 a day (for a maximum of 30 days)
- Lost money – replacement up to the value of £750
- Emergency personnel replacement – up to £1,000
- Personal accident benefit – £350,000 when travelling on public transport, and £25,000 at any other time during your trip