The new way to log in to online servicing
You’ll need to make sure you have your new transaction card or authentication card and PINsentry card reader to hand. For a more detailed explanation, you can watch our videos below.
If you’re a corporate platform user (BSM, BCOS and SNAP) here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can log in.
Having trouble logging in? Check out our troubleshooting guide.
What is PSD2 and why is it happening?
Studies have shown cybercrime is on the rise*:
To help combat this, changes to the way you take payments and make payments online will be introduced. To be compliant, you’ll need to implement changes to your checkout journey so it’s important that you start preparing operationally and technically now.
What your business needs to do
Start preparing now to make sure your business is ready for the changes. Issuers in the UK are likely to trigger SCA for 3DS transactions from February 2020.
If you’re not ready, don’t panic. Continue to implement 3DS2 (3DS v2) as quickly as possible. Declines are expected to take effect from March 2021.
Additional measures to take:
- • continue to invest in fraud screening tools
- • review your customer payment journey and operating model – and make sure you know how this will change when SCA is implemented
Key dates to keep your eye on
• 14 March 2020Δ: UK Issuers are required to activate 3DSv2.1. Contactless exemption limits began to be enforced
• Sept 2020: Merchants are expected to be operationally ready by September, including testing required
• Jan 2021: EEA (excl. UK) to begin actively decline non-3DS transactions where exemptions don’t apply
• 14 March 2021†: Issuers will be required to actively decline non-3DS transactions where exemptions don’t apply
*UK Finance publication ‘Fraud the Facts 2019’ and Barclaycard Payment Security Research, YouGov 2019.
†For merchants trading in Europe, the deadline will be 31 December 2020. The March 2021 deadline applies to merchants who trade in the UK only.
ΔPotential changes as impacted by COVID-19