If my PINsentry card reader is no longer needed, replaced or faulty can I just throw away the old one?
No, please don't throw it away with your normal rubbish.
We're committed to making sure all of your old PINsentry devices are safely recycled to help protect the environment and meet the Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations.
To do this, we offer a free recycling service for PINsentry devices. You can:
- Return the device to one of our local branches. You can use this link to find your local branch.
- Post it back to us using the free postal address below.
- Take it to your local electricals recycling points - find out if there's one near you with Recycle Your Electricals Locator.
Balliol Business Park
Newcastle upon Tyne
Why is it important to recycle old electrical equipment?
- Electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) has materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and halmful to human health if it's no properly disposed of. So, recycling and reusing unwanted electricals or electronics can help save the planet, boost the economy, and improve lives.
- Items that need to be recycled safely will have a crossed-out wheelie bin symbol.
- Discover more about how to reuse and recycle your electricals on Recycle Your Electricals campaign.
- You can find out more about the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations here.