Welcome to your Barclaycard Smartpay Hub by Epos Now. Read on for instructions on how to set up your POS devices, and how to change the till roll.
First of all, you’ll need to plug your base unit into a power supply. You can use either of the power supply sockets on the back. Just make sure you secure things using the cable strain relief.
If you’ve got a USB barcode scanner and/or a cash drawer, connect those too.
There isn’t a power switch, so your base unit should turn on as soon as you plug it in.
Attach to the cradle – this will charge your tablet while the base unit power’s on. Make sure it’s fully charged before tapping the power button to switch it on.
You’re almost there. When you turn on the tablet for the first time, it’ll automatically load up the startup guide. Follow that to finish setting things up.
You can securely fix your base unit to a countertop using the mounting bracket. There are two ways you can do it:
You can mount using the adhesive pad:
Or you can mount by screwing it into the counter:
Then slide the unit until it locks in place.
You can use 80mm thermal receipt printer paper in the base unit. Here’s how to change it:
1. Lift the printer lid latch until it clicks and unlocks.
2. Open the printer lid and remove the old roll.
3. Insert a new roll. Make sure the free end of the roll is towards the front of the compartment.
4. Check that an excess of the roll of paper is outside of the base unit.
5. With an even pressure, firmly close the printer lid until it clicks and locks shut.