How does Cashback Without Purchase work (CWP)?
· Cashback Without Purchase (CWP) works in the same way as Purchase With Cashback (PWCB).
· The merchant selects ‘Purch. With Cashback’ on your terminal.
· If it’s a PWCB transaction, enter the sale amount. If it’s a CWP transaction, leave the sale amount as £0.00.
· Then ask the customer to insert their card and enter the cashback amount (maximum of £100 per transaction).
· The customer then enters their PIN. Once authorised, you can hand the cash over to the customer.
You’ll find more details in our guide How to process CWP transactions.