How do I authenticate using my PINsentry card reader when making payments online?
Here’s how you can authenticate for online transactions using your PINsentry card reader:
- Checkout as normal and enter your card payment details.
- Choose the ‘PINsentry card reader’ option on the payment screen in your browser and it’ll show an eight-digit code.
- Pop your Barclaycard card into your PINsentry card reader with the chip facing down and press Respond.
- The card reader will then ask you to enter your card’s PIN. This is the PIN you’d usually enter into a card terminal when making in-store purchases or when you’re using a cash machine. Once you’ve entered this, press Enter.
- Type the eight-digit code from the payment screen in your browser or app into your PINsentry card reader and then press Enter.
- Your PINsentry card reader will then display a new eight-digit code which you will need to type into the box on the payment screen in your browser.
- That’s it – you’ve authenticated securely.
Have a look at our videos, if you need further information on how to authenticate yourself,