Credit balance refunds
If your plans have changed and you’ve received a refund to your Barclaycard as a result, you can ask us to transfer any credit balance to your bank account.
Call wait times are longer than usual right now due to coronavirus, so the quickest and easiest way to do this is in Barclaycard online servicing.
Are there any restrictions?
There are a few – the refund you’d like to transfer must
- Be a credit balance on your account
- Have happened on or after 1 March 2020
- Be transferred to a UK bank account
How do I request a refund?
You can request a refund by logging into Barclaycard online servicing.
- Log in to your account and go to “Help, messages and phone numbers”
- Start a new conversation with “Other” as your subject and let us know you'd like a credit balance refund in your message
- To transfer to the account you use to pay by Direct Debit, just type “Refund to DD bank account”
- To refund to a different UK account in your name, provide the account name, account number and sort code
How quickly will the refund appear in my account?
It can take up to 5 working days to process your request. Occasionally we carry out extra checks for your protection. If we do, your refund may take a little longer.
I’ve forgotten my login details – what can I do?
Don’t worry – it happens. If you’ve forgotten any of your login details, follow these instructions to get back up and running.