What Are The Benefits Of A Credit Card?
What are the advantages of a credit card?
A credit card could be a convenient and flexible way of borrowing money, which lets you make purchases that you can pay for in the future.
Before you take out a credit card, it’s important to be aware of the potential costs and ensure that you only borrow what you can afford to pay back. To get the most out of your credit card it’s important you’re able to meet your payment dates and ideally pay in full every month.
If you’re unsure about whether or not credit cards are for you, we’ve put together a few of the benefits you can expect.
Watch customers share their thoughts on the advantages of a credit card
Viewing time: 0.58
A few things to remember
Although credit cards can come with all of the above benefits, it’s important to also consider the following:
- how much can you afford to borrow? Think about whether you can really afford a credit card before you apply
- you could be charged fees if you make late payments or miss them, which will harm your credit rating and could impact your ability to get credit in the future
- occasionally you may make a big transaction that takes you over your credit limit, if you do this you will be charged an over limit fee. You can use our mobile app or Barclaycard online account servicing to keep track of what you’re spending.
- If you’re new to credit cards or just want a reminder of how to get the most from your card, watch our .
- For more information have a look at our page on how to choose the right credit card for you and understanding credit card fees.