How to check it's us contacting you
Why you might hear from us
We may need to get in touch with you from time to time, by phone, email or text. This could be for all sorts of reasons, from useful info about your Barclaycard benefits, to an alert if any of your details have been updated on your account. But how can you make sure it’s us contacting you? We’ll never:
- Email, text or call to ask you for your PIN, online login details or full passcodes
- Email, text or call asking you to verify your account or security details
- Email or text you a link that takes you straight to Barclaycard Online Servicing
If you ever get a phone call, email or text message asking you for this info, please get in touch with our fraud team.
Make sure it’s us getting in touch
To help you stay secure and make sure it’s a genuine email, text or call from us, you can tick off these quick checks.
Think you might have received a scam email? Stay one step ahead of fraudsters by forwarding it straight to our internet security team firstname.lastname@example.org . Any emails we send you will always hide the majority of your personal info and will only ever include your name and the last four digits of your card.
If any details are updated on your account, such as your phone number, we may send you a text message or email alert to make sure you made the change. You might get an alert if you:
- Change your address
- Change your mobile phone number
- Change your phone details
- Add an additional cardholder to your account
- View your PIN online
- Order a replacement card
- Report your card lost or stolen