I checked my credit report and found an incorrect entry which has negatively affected my score - how can I fix it?

First, you’ll need to speak to the credit reference agency, to let them know that you disagree with an entry on your credit report. They’ll then raise a dispute with the lender in question, and ask for the entry to be verified. The lender will investigate, and if they agree the error was made, the lender will update the entry registered on your credit report. The credit reference agency in question, will be able to give you further information on this process.