If you're not able to keep your payments up to date, you should contact us as soon as possible on 0800 056 1411 (Monday to Friday 8am – 9pm, or Saturday 9am -– 1pm) as we may be able to help you.
If you don't contact us and don't make any payments, the following may happen:
- Your credit rating may be adversely affected.
- Fees will continue to be charged to your account, increasing the amount you owe.
- Your account may be referred to a Debt Collection Agency.
- The full balance on your account may become immediately due and payable.
- Your account may be sold to a Debt Purchaser, who'll actively pursue the debt.
If it's difficult to talk to us, you can always speak to an independent organisation for free, confidential and impartial advice.
Other independent organisations offering free advice include:
Citizens Advice Bureau: For advice and information on debt and other topics, visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (address in the phone book) or go to www.adviceguide.org.uk (England & Wales), www.cas.org.uk (Scotland) or www.citizensadvice.co.uk (Northern Ireland).
My Money Steps: Money Steps is a new website where borrowers can get access to straight forward advice, information and the practical support they need to help them manage their borrowing and take control of their finances. It is free, impartial and backed by the Money Advice Trust and Barclaycard. Visit www.mymoneysteps.org. Find our more about call charges.
If you're having problems paying your bill, you can find more information on our money worries pages.