How do I change the name on my Barclaycard account?

If you've changed your name, or if it needs updating on our records, please send us a covering letter, along with a copy of the relevant document:

  • For Marriage/Civil Partnership - Marriage Certificate or Civil Partnership Registration Document
  • For Deed Poll - Deed Poll Certificate
  • For Divorce/Dissolved Civil Partnership - Divorce Papers/Dissolved Civil Partnership Documentation and Marriage Certificate, or Divorce Papers/Dissolved Civil Partnership Documentation and Birth Certificate, or Deed Poll Certificate
  • If your name is misspelled or the wrong way round - Passport or Driving Licence or EU National ID Card

We need this to meet regulatory requirements and to help protect you from fraud.

Please send a good quality copy of your document to us at:

Customer Relations Department
PO Box 9131
51 Saffron Road
LE18 9DE

Please do not send original documents.

Please note, only the main cardholder can change the name on an account.

Other popular questions about account servicing